It is understood that in the usual course of business, the virtual office assistant staff of Daybreak Office Solutions (hereinafter referred to as “Daybreak”) may have access to confidential information related to the client’s business, including but not limited to financial reports, competitor information, customer data, technical and business information relating to proprietary ideas, patentable ideas, copyrights and/or trade secrets, existing and/or contemplated products and services, software, schematics, research and development, production, costs, profit and margin information, finances and financial projections, customers, clients, marketing, and current or future business plans and models, regardless of whether such information is designated as “Confidential Information” at the time of its disclosure.
With that understanding, Daybreak’s Virtual Office Assistant shall hold all client information in strict confidence and will not disclose the same to others without the prior written consent of the client. Daybreak shall use confidential information only for the purposes pertaining to the scope of work contracted, and make no other use of the same without the written consent of the client.
The client agrees to utilize Daybreak’s secure website for the transmission of data deemed too sensitive for routine email transmission. The client agrees to accept responsibility for all activities undertaken when using access codes and/or other authorizations. Further, the client agrees to maintain the security of any access codes and/or other authorizations and accepts responsibility for negative outcome if that security is breached.
All Daybreak staff members have signed confidentiality agreements that include the following provisions:
1) You will use confidential information only as needed to perform your legitimate duties. This means, among other things, that:
2) You will safeguard and will not disclose your access codes or any other authorizations you have that allows you access to confidential information.
3) You accept responsibility for all activities undertaken when using your access code and/or other authorizations.
4) You understand that your obligations under this Agreement will continue after termination of your employment, as required by law.
5) You will be responsible for your misuse or wrongful disclosure of confidential information and for your failure to safeguard your access code or other authorization to access confidential information.
6) You understand that your failure to comply with this Agreement may result in your loss of employment and/or other legal liability.