Many companies claim to be “Green.” Some pay fees for a certificate to put on their website and advertising, others join professional Green organizations to enhance their marketing efforts. How “green” is “Green?” It’s sort of like a Vegan and a Vegetarian arguing over who the real vegetarian is.
Rather than jumping into the Green debate, and trying to convince anyone how Green we may or may not be. We’ve decided to simply list the environmentally friendly things our company does inherently, and let you be the judge. Here’s what we do:
- All of our employees telecommute. Every one of them! That obviously reduces gasoline consumption which is a definite plus for our staff and the environment.
- Rather than on-site staff meetings, we primarily utilize web conferencing technology and other high-tech forms of communication.
- We are approximately 98% paperless. Except for marketing material, which is generally outsourced, virtually all interactions with clients and vendors are web and/or phone based.
- The majority of our face-to-face marketing is in New York City where we utilize mass transit.
- Our IT infrastructure is outsourced to various American based data centers; thereby assuring security while minimizing the use of energy.
- Our clients utilize fewer in-house clerical personnel, thereby reducing the use of energy in their offices.
In other words, we are “green” simply by the nature of how our business process has naturally evolved. So, no hype or exaggerated claims, just a clear picture of how “green” and Eco-friendly we are.